Top Shelf Property Management
Let Us Manage Your Rental Property
Since 1999 over 1,000 owners have trusted our staff and company to represent them and their property. Top Shelf is a very progressive management company and one that stays on the cutting edge in the property management industry. This will get you the owner top rent, rent your property quickly and holding residents accountable for rent payments and your property.
Overview of our Services
While we’re very cost conscious, we’re also very value driven. After all your property is one of your biggest investments. While you want a competitive rate; the cost to have a top-rated property management company with all the quality services you want, that will keep your residents accountable and monitor the condition of your property, will cost less than a cup of coffee a day.
Full Service Property Management
- Make your property rent ready within budget to get top rent
- Market your property and Residents must pass our 9-point screening system
- Prepare the lease and legal documents
- Collect the rent and security deposit
- Maintenance repairs with fix pricing
- Inspect exterior monthly with a photo you can view on your phone
- Annual inspections of the interior and exterior
- Evict the resident if necessary and Top Shelf Property Management pays for it
How much rent can you get for your investment?
Our market analysis helps landlords and us make data-informed decisions about their rental property, including rate estimates and other information so they can invest and manage their investment property more wisely.
Get started with your FREE RENTAL PRICE ANALYSIS or, if you just need a little more information first, feel free to fill out the form .
- Applications are processed electronically and include credit, employment for income, debt ratios just like a bank does when you buy a home, past eviction background searches, current and previous rental history, FICA score and more.
- Owners’ rents are sent out within 12 business days. Owners receive their check within 24 business hours if set up with ACH Direct. Call our office if you are not!
- To ensure owners are getting the best prices and best services, Top Shelf Property Management makes no profit on maintenance repairs.
- The outside vendors we use must agree to our maintenance price list one year in advance; this controls your cost as an owner and eliminates cost overruns.
- Any one repair that exceeds $50.00, you, the owner must approve unless it’s an emergency, like a water heater that needs replaced.
- We send each owner a job estimate breaking down exactly what the resident owes on move out and what you would be require contributing to make your property rent ready.
- We inspect the outside of your property every month, yes, every month and we take a photo of the exterior which you can view on your smart-phone. This keeps the residents accountable and your property in good condition. If we do give a violation for not keeping the property in good condition, you are sent an e-mail and photo of the violation and another photo after it’s been resolved giving you 100% transparency on your property.
- Residents stay in your property when they receive consistent, timely service to repairs, questions and the same service every time. The same reason you and I go back to McDonald’s is because we know what to expect in the taste of a burger, fries, or shake.
- Most companies speak of their cheap fees, but in management, if you have a high turnover in staff and you will if you don’t pay them a fair wage with medical insurance; you will receive a high turnover in residents and this means a major loss in revenue for you. While your management fee is 7% to start when your property goes vacant it goes to 100% as you have no rent coming and cost to get the property ready for the next residents in much more often, increasing your cost.
- Top Shelf Property Management staff, some of which have been with the company 24 years and many over 4-5 years.
According to Think Sales, 68% of customers’ defection takes place because customers feel poorly treated. If a management company has insufficient staff without the knowledge and experience, vacancies will happen much more often and this means skyrocketing cost for you.
Your biggest enemy in rental property is not repairs and not our management fee, it’s vacancy. This is because when your property is vacant, you have no rent coming in; a lot of cost is going out with your mortgage payment, utilities, lawn services and making your property rent ready.
Resident retention starts with the day they sign their lease. At Top Shelf we have a resident celebration for them.
Our vendor must respond within 4 business to the resident schedule a repair.
A survey is also sent out to the resident after work is performed to make sure our vendors showed up on time, were courteous and cleaned up after they were done.
Fees for Services
Placement of a resident in your property (also known as a leasing fee) is $450.00, (unlike many companies that charge 50% of the first months which can be over $1000) this is the first month only. There is no management fee charged at any time the property is vacant.
Quality Webinars with our Broker/ CEO of 35 years
- Quarterly webinars are presented on Investments using our Single-Family Home Retirement Strategy system (SFHRS)
- Insurance where to get the best coverage with the best rates and the best payout when there is a claim
- Asset protection of your rental property and your personal property
- How to Invest your IRA in rental property
- How to manage your investments with inexpensive easy to use software
What Our Clients Say
Des Moines Area Information
Des Moines is the capital and the most populous city in the U.S. state of Iowa. It is also the county seat of Polk County. A small part of the city extends into Warren County. It was incorporated on September 22, 1851, as Fort Des Moines, which was shortened to "Des Moines" in 1857. It is on and named after the Des Moines River, which likely was adapted from the French colonial name, Rivière des Moines, meaning "River of the Monks". The city's population was 216,553 as of the 2017 population estimate. The five-county metropolitan area is ranked 89th in terms of population in the United States with 634,725 residents according to the 2016 estimate by the United States Census Bureau.
Source From Wikipedia